About Mighty Capital
Mighty Capital is an early-growth Silicon Valley venture capital (VC) firm. We invest in great products that are also great businesses, like Airbnb, DigitalOcean and Amplitude. Founders and other VC firms invite us to invest because we help our portfolio companies sell faster, hire top talent, and generate liquidity, by giving them exclusive access to over 300,000 product managers through the original & most influential product acceleration platform, Products That Count. Amplitude calls us the “best value for the dollar invested".
Why Will You Get Excited?
Not only was our 1st fund oversubscribed, but we just raised a 2nd fund which was also oversubscribed during the pandemic. You would be joining as a full-time Senior Associate as Mighty Capital exhibits massive growth and thus, you would be at the heart of building our culture for years to come. As a key benefit, you’ll also have access to a Career Coach to help you not only navigate within Mighty Capital & externally, but for the right candidate, the coach will also help you grow to be a Partner at Mighty Capital.
You’ll have an opportunity to own a B2B sector you’re passionate about by market research, creating theses, educating the Venture Partners and driving sourcing efforts to invest in the best company within the sector. Your voice will be front and center within Mighty Capital as we dive into the sector together because we are a lean team and as such, we aim to support and learn from each other.
At our core, we are B2B SaaS investors and aim to invest in businesses with the best business fundamentals (team, traction, revenue, exit strategy) while also having a contrarian view because we believe the “best product wins”.
Responsibilities will include
- Researching sector and industry trends to identify potential areas of investment focus
- Deal flow creation & encouragement – interface with referral sources such as lawyers, bankers, Seed funds and angels
- Deal flow screening – act as the initial point of contact with entrepreneurs, determine if the investment opportunity meets our criteria, facilitate initial screening meetings
- Deal flow management – know/report which investment opportunities are currently being considered, what stage they are in and communicate with entrepreneurs as they enter and exit the deal flow process
- Presentation preparation – work with entrepreneurs to craft their presentation to clearly present the business case of the potential investment
- Building and maintaining our internal tools & SOPs that support investment and operational processes
What makes you a great fit?
- We love B2B SaaS and regulated industries (ex: FinTech, Blockchain, Health AI) and we hope you do too. Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of professional experience in the domain, preferably in venture capital, management consulting or investment banking. Startup experience would be an added plus since we are all operators at heart!
- Ideal candidates should excel at building new ideas from qualitative and quantitative research and distill them into an investment thesis that would drive value from Mighty Capital's partner, Products that Count
- We’re a lean team and thus, we all wear many hats. In addition to driving and managing deal flow for your sector(s), you’ll also be responsible for a core Mighty Capital building block (ex: Marketing, Partnerships, LP Fundraising, etc). In addition, as a teammate, we’d expect you to bring hustle, drive and adaptability, as well as support your fellow team members
- You should be proficient with tech platforms (Pitchbook, Crunchbase, Airtable, Zapier, Slack, LinkedIn, GSuite, Clara Labs Scheduling, Streak Snippets & Mail Merges)
The role is based in San Francisco, CA (preferred), but also open to NYC. Mighty Capital believes in the power of diversity. We are committed to building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
How to apply?
If you’re interested, please send an email with subject “Senior Associate: <INSERT FULL NAME>” to [email protected] with the following:
- Your resume
- Cover letter
- LinkedIn and Twitter profiles
- Personal website (if applicable)
- How/where did you learn about us?
- Do you require a visa to work in the USA?