- Our current fund is ranked in Preqin’s top decile
- Portfolio companies say that we bring the “best value for the dollar invested”
- We co-invest with top VCs at later stage
- We are committed to being the most helpful investor you will ever have
- The unique value we bring to our portfolio is:
- The combination of handpicked Silicon Valley investors (past performance: Preqin’s top decile), and
- Access to one of the largest networks of product managers in the world (>200,000 product managers), which can become hires, customers, and more
- Demonstrated evidence of product/market fit,
- Amazing CEO and Bay-Area-based leadership,
- Not the first money in –previous funding or revenue traction.
September 4, 2017
A killer pitch deck sounds like a story by design. It is meant to help you step back from the details of your business or new product, to tell a compelling story to an investor. It reads as simple as this: “We are a unique team, excited to solve a big and hard problem. We came up with a sustainably differentiated solution. As a result, we are gaining solid traction, which we monetize fairly. So our financials look extremely promising but to get there, we need a reasonable amount of funding. We have a credible plan to generate significant returns for our investors.”Read More
February 3, 2017
When a due diligence is appropriate, we ask the entrepreneur to make a data room available to the due diligence team. Through a review of the material in the data room and discussions with the CEO, exec team and references, the due diligence lead is able to cover the key aspects of the due diligence: team, business, financing, and match with Mighty Capital.Read More
September 25, 2018
Mission Bio, Inc., the pioneer in high-throughput single-cell DNA analysis and precision genomics, today announced a first-of-its-kind study demonstrating its ability to perform single-cell DNA analysis at speed and scale orders of magnitude higher than prior methods. The study, published in Genome Research and co-authored by researchers at Mission Bio and MD Anderson Cancer Center, illustrates its Tapestri platform’s ability to identify the evolution of cellular mutations in Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) tumors. This study provides unprecedented insight into the cells that drive complex diseases like cancer and opens the door to the routine sequencing of tumors.Read More
Who pays higher salaries for data scientists — Google or emerging startups in Silicon Valley? You might think it’s a silly question, but if you answered Google, you’d be wrong. For founders, skilled worker base compensation is no longer a cost cutting haven.Read More
In this article commissioned by Business Insider, Melia Robinson examines how venture capital firms are specializing in order to compete for hot investment deals. This article includes Mighty Capital as an example of this trend and also re-shares quotes from Managing Partner, SC Moatti’s previous interview and 7/17/2018 Business Insider article also written by Melia Robinson.Read More
Today, we’ll explore three strategies that lead to healthcare sales “wins” and point out how we can tell if the teams we meet in our screenings have what it takes to deploy them. Those 3 business behaviors are: Arbitrage, Stories and LeverageRead More
In this article commissioned by Business Insider, Mighty Capital Managing Partner SC Moatti discusses social influence and what makes the venture firm stand out from the pack from other startups.Read More
July 17, 2018
SC has always loved public speaking. While earning her MBA at Stanford Graduate School of Business, she was an instructor in public speaking. Today, SC is represented by the Washington Speakers Bureau and Big Speak. She speaks about investing and innovation at prestigious conferences globally, including the Mobile World Congress, the Collision Conference, the Commonwealth Club, the Gartner Summit, and the National Association for Corporate Directors.Read More
In this article commissioned by Fortune, Mighty Capital Managing Partner SC Moatti answers 5 questions on being a dealmaker:
- TERM SHEET: Why did you launch a $13 million fund at a time when we’re seeing more and more firms raise mega-funds?
- You say that a lot of Silicon Valley firms create “artificial differentiation.” What do you mean by that?
- What do you think about the effect mega-funds, such as SoftBank’s $100 billion Vision Fund, are having on the ecosystem?
- What are product managers talking about right now?
- You don’t like talking about diversity at your firm. Why?
June 14, 2018
In this interview with One Million by One Million, SC Moatti talks about bootstrapped entrepreneurship.Read More
April 24, 2018
In this article commissioned by Corporate Livewire, Mighty Capital Managing Partner SC Moatti outline the new faces of venture capital and hones in on three categories she finds particularly compelling: the whale, the dolphin and the minnow.Read More
January 19, 2018
In this interview with The Syndicate, SC Moatti talks about how startups should design funnels, what VCs can do to add tangible value to teams, and how investors should think about portfolio management.Read More