- Portfolio companies say that we bring the “best value for the dollar invested”
- We co-invest with top VCs at later stage
- We are committed to being the most helpful investor you will ever have
- The unique value we bring to our portfolio is:
- The combination of handpicked Silicon Valley investors, and
- Proprietary access to one of the largest networks of product managers in the world (>200,000 product managers), which can become hires, customers, and more
- Demonstrated evidence of product/market fit,
- Amazing CEO and Bay-Area-based leadership,
- Not the first money in –previous funding or revenue traction.
September 4, 2017
A killer pitch deck sounds like a story by design. It is meant to help you step back from the details of your business or new product, to tell a compelling story to an investor. It reads as simple as this: “We are a unique team, excited to solve a big and hard problem. We came up with a sustainably differentiated solution. As a result, we are gaining solid traction, which we monetize fairly. So our financials look extremely promising but to get there, we need a reasonable amount of funding. We have a credible plan to generate significant returns for our investors.”Read More
February 3, 2017
When a due diligence is appropriate, we ask the entrepreneur to make a data room available to the due diligence team. Through a review of the material in the data room and discussions with the CEO, exec team and references, the due diligence lead is able to cover the key aspects of the due diligence: team, business, financing, and match with Mighty Capital.Read More
February 7, 2019
HYP3R is leading the transformation of location marketing to deliver experiences that are delightful and effective. HYP3R’s innovations in location marketing cloud help top marketers acquire and engage high-value customers in the real world through digital experiences that are surprisingly human. At the core of HYP3R is a unique dataset of hundreds of millions of the highest value consumers in the world that gives an edge to the leaders in travel and retail. HYP3R, one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, was founded in 2015 and is based in San Francisco. Learn more at https://hyp3r.com or follow @HYP3R on Twitter.Read More
As a technology investor, I meet a wide variety of entrepreneurs and startup founders. Many times I’ll ask them, “Why do you do what you do? What’s your endgame?” Many of them share their passion for the journey or how much they value the freedom to be their own boss. Others find it rewarding that they create jobs. For the savvy entrepreneur, however, a big part of their answer includes a fully developed exit strategy. So please, eat healthy, exercise and hug your loved ones. Take care of your body, mind and spirit. And while you’re at it, write down your exit strategy.Read More
January 2, 2019
The stock market turmoil of December 2018 reminds us to never take anything for granted. Still, good investment opportunities exist if you know where to look. My expectation is that 2019 will see significant private equity and venture capital activity thanks to multiple economic factors including a solid M&A appetite.Read More
December 14, 2018
Mission Bio delivers targeted single-cell genomics solutions for high-impact applications with Tapestri, the Precision Genomics Platform. Tapestri is the industry’s first targeted single-cell DNA sequencing platform, enabling precise detection of heterogeneity in disease progression and treatment response. Application areas include blood cancers, solid tumors, and genome editing validation. The platform includes an instrument, consumables, and analysis software, which integrate seamlessly with existing NGS workflows. With Tapestri, researchers have a highly sensitive, targeted, and customizable solution to move precision medicine forward.Read More
In this interview with The Full Ratchet, SC Moatti talks about 13 quick takeaways; including SC’s 3 rules of the most successful products. Explains that “Mobilized” shares examples and case studies implementing those rules.Read More
December 5, 2018
For Skates, 2018 was an especially momentous year. “I turned 30, we raised a Series D and I got engaged this year,” he said. “That’s going to be hard to top.”Read More
November 26, 2018
- Airbnb has hired Amazon VP Dave Stephenson as CFO ahead of its anticipated IPO in 2019.
- Stephenson spent 17 years as Amazon, most recently as VP and CFO of Amazon’s Worldwide Consumer Organization, responsible for all global website sales. He also spent a couple years as President and CFO of Big Fish Games.
- Stephenson is the second Amazon exec to join Airbnb this year, following Greg Greeley, who is president of Homes.
November 19, 2018
Raising a Series A is a huge accomplishment and closing it might feel like you’ve crossed the finish line but the pressure only goes up from here.Read More
Startups working with leading edge technology know that hiring for the most in-demand skills comes with a cost — not just in salary but also in equity grant amounts. The right insight makes reaching your funding goals easier.Read More