Startups working with leading edge technology know that hiring for the most in-demand skills comes with a cost — not just in salary but also in equity grant amounts. The right insight makes reaching your funding goals easier.Read More
When VPs, Directors and Managers sit down to negotiate offer terms, there’s a huge gap between West and East Coast outcomes. In Silicon Valley, candidates command 3-4 times the value in new hire grants compared to those out east. Why the difference, and how should startups position themselves accordingly?Read More
Who pays higher salaries for data scientists — Google or emerging startups in Silicon Valley? You might think it’s a silly question, but if you answered Google, you’d be wrong. For founders, skilled worker base compensation is no longer a cost cutting haven.Read More
In this article commissioned by Fortune, Mighty Capital Managing Partner SC Moatti answers 5 questions on being a dealmaker:
- TERM SHEET: Why did you launch a $13 million fund at a time when we’re seeing more and more firms raise mega-funds?
- You say that a lot of Silicon Valley firms create “artificial differentiation.” What do you mean by that?
- What do you think about the effect mega-funds, such as SoftBank’s $100 billion Vision Fund, are having on the ecosystem?
- What are product managers talking about right now?
- You don’t like talking about diversity at your firm. Why?
April 24, 2018
In this article commissioned by Corporate Livewire, Mighty Capital Managing Partner SC Moatti outline the new faces of venture capital and hones in on three categories she finds particularly compelling: the whale, the dolphin and the minnow.Read More
The venture capital industry is male dominated and some of its unfair practices have been brought to light with the rise of the #metoo movement in 2017. This got us to wonder: How do businesses approach diversity and inclusion? What does that mean for Mighty Capital? What does that mean for our portfolio? We have been committed to diversity and inclusion from day 1 and it’s an essential part of our culture that we summarize with Mark Twain’s famous quote: “Actions Speak Louder Than Words.”Read More